Lost or broken power adapter? Treetops uses Dell Chromebook 3100. If you lost or need to replace a power adapter, here is a link available on Amazon.
Reset your Chromebook hardware
To fix some Chromebook problems, you might need to reset your Chromebook hardware, also called a hard reset.
Try a hard reset only after other ways to fix the problem have failed. It will restart your Chromebook hardware (like your keyboard and touchpad), and might delete some files in your Downloads folder.
Hard reset your Chromebook
For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Refresh + tap Power .
- When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh .
On tablets: Press the Volume Up and Power buttons for at least 10 seconds, then release them.
Other ways to hard reset
For some Chromebooks, you reset the hardware by pressing a special reset button, unplugging the power cable, or removing and re-inserting the battery. If you see your device in this list, follow the steps to reset its hardware.
If your Chromebook is not charging follow these steps:
1. Unplug the power from the Chromebook (wall outlet or surge protector)
2. Unplug the power from the power source
3. Unplug the power cord from the Power Brick
4. Replug the power cord back into the Power Brick
5. Replug the power cord into the power source (wall outlet or surge protector)
5. Replug the power cord back into the Chromebook